- It is estimated that 8 out of 10 Americans will have a back injury during their lives.
- When LIFTING, get as close to the load as you can and grasp it firmly. Keep your back as straight upright as possible and use your more powerful leg muscles to lift.
- Always PUSH, not pull if possible.
- DO NOT TWIST when you lift and carry.
- Sleeping also rests the back so for BEST results sleep on your side with KNEES BENT or on your back with KNEES ELEVATED (use a pillow).
- When DRIVING, get close enough to the gas peddle so that your knees are bent as much as possible.