IS THIS A STROKE?
Three things to do if you believe someone has a stroke:
1. Ask them to smile or show their teeth.
2. Ask them to close their eyes AND stretch both arms above their head.
3. Ask them a simple question. For instance: What is your name?
If they fail these tests get medical help fast. Time is life.
1. The "smile test" is used to check for one-sided facial weakness -- a classic sign of stroke.
2. Stroke victims usually cannot raise both arms to the same height, a sign of arm weakness.
3. Stroke victims often slur speech, which is another classic sign of stroke. You can ask them to repeat a sentence such as: "The sky is blue in Oregon" or "Don't cry over spilled milk."
Reference: WebMD Medical News